Sunday, March 4, 2012

Kindle Case

Our first guild challenge was issued a month or so ago. We were each given 3 prints of Echo by Lotta Jansdotter to make something for ourselves. You could add more fabric if you wanted, but you had to use the fabric given. My wonderful hubby got us matching kindles for Christmas, so I made a case for mine. 

Kindle Case

I really love the spring buds in grey and the small spring buds in mustard. I knew these two would be my focus fabrics. I also wanted to add a little more something-something to the front, so I quilted around the buds. I quilted the top first before assembling the cover. This way the stitching doesn't show on the inside. I LOVE how it turned out.

Inside of Case
I used the scattered pods to make the kindle pocket. There's also room for a pen or stylus. I used some fabric I had for the binding and put a nice button on the front for the closure. It's a very fun case and I like carrying my kindle in style :)

Have you made any accessories for your toys? I'd love to see them.


4 comments:

  1. I love it! Also, do you use a binding machine? I've been considering the purchase of one, and noticed your adorable binding, and wondered if you use one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I may have to make one for my sister-in-law!

    ReplyDelete