Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Baby Zig Zag Quilt


My husband has been to Mexico a few times for business and has become friends with Carlos, one of his company's clients. They have been super nice and welcoming. Carlos and his wife even helped Brian recover from an illness while he was down there. The couple is about to have their second baby, a girl, and we wanted to celebrate with them! We thought it would be a great idea to send them a baby quilt. I wanted to do something a little modern and non-traditional baby, so I opted for a rainbow colored zig zag. (It also doesn't hurt that I've been wanting to make a zig zag quilt and do something with ROYGBIV.) Luckily Pezzy Print by American Jane came out in a variety of colors.


I picked up the pattern Ziggy Baby from Cluck, Cluck, Sew a few months ago. It was great and had very clear directions. The only thing I had to watch out for was the direction of the pezzies. I wanted them to all go the same direction so I had to pay attention to which direction I was sewing. I did have one mishap, but it was easily fixed. For the back I used Sweet in Strawberry Power Pop by Jenean Morrison. It had most of the colors on the front and added a touch of baby girl to the quilt. For the binding I used Stripes in Pink, Sunny Happy Skies by Bella Blvd.


I followed the zig zag lines to quilt the top and really liked how it turned out. I finished it off with a simple label. Now everyone cross your fingers and pray it makes it to Mexico safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment